Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Teen Reader's Theatre Celebrates Juneteenth with a Play




Amazing! As I sat in my seat only a few feet from the stage, I literally felt as though I was being taken on a ride on the Underground Railroad. Although reading a book about all of the many people involved in the Underground Railroad, including Harriet Tubman, is a great way to learn about history, watching a fifteen minute showcase with unbelievably talented actors is an even better way of learning African American history. The show featured a youthful cast that portrayed their characters with both grace and confidence in their own portrayals. The energy given off by the children in the show spread through out the room and excited the audience. I felt honored to have the privilege to see such an incredible performance from such young stars to be…

-Ben Ra


No comments:

(Helping Young People Excel)

Detroit Public Library